Principles & Interpretation of Laboratory Practices in Surgical Pathology by Shameem Shariff & Amrit Kaur Kaler
Single Colour with Colour Plate/ Soft Cover/ 1/e, 2016/ 346 Pages/ 6.25" x 9.5"/ (A)
- Primarily written to have a user-friendly manual towards all laboratory procedures for diagnostic services as well as research purposes.
- Covers routine and special staining procedures used in histopathology, anatomy and microbiology laboratories.
- Outlines principles, methodology and troubleshooting.
- Contains a whole chapter dedicated to microtomy, its principles of functioning, usage and maintenance along with illustrations of various types of microtomes.
- Deals with cytopathology in detail-processing of body fluids, fine-needle aspiration cytology (FNAC) procedures and interpretation.
- Provides recent advances in methodology, molecular techniques, biowaste disposal and safety measures.
- Outlines quality control in laboratories, audit and quality assurance programs.
- A useful capsule of various aspects of the laboratory under one umbrella.
- Includes the authors having over 35 years of experience of procedural interpretation in Surgical Pathology.
- Useful for technicians, postgraduates and surgical pathologists as well as anatomists, microbiologists and allied sciences.