Principles of Anesthetic Equipment Yasodananda K Areti & Bhavani Shankar Kodali
Full Colour/ Soft Cover/ 1/e, 2016/ 222 Pages/ 8.5" x 11"/ 11 Contributors
- The book provides guidance on the safe use of a wide range of anaesthesia apparatus, edited by recognised experts based in Boston, USA and the University of the West Indies, Barbados.
- Divided into thirteen chapters, the book begins with the applied physics of anaesthesia equipment, before covering individual instruments and groups of instruments by chapter.
- Equipment covered includes anaesthesia machines and work stations, anaesthesia breathing systems, equipment for endotracheal intubation, electrocautery and lasers, equipment for regional anaesthesia, and ultrasound equipment for neuraxial blocks.
- The final chapter covers the use of simulators in anaesthesia training.
- Safety tips are included in chapters on pre-use checks of anaesthetic equipment, electrical safety, disinfection and sterilisation.
- A separate chapter on monitoring features capnography and state-of-the-art cardiac output monitors.
- Enhanced by 85 full colour illustrations, Principles of Anaesthesia Equipment is an essential resource for anaesthetists and anaesthesia trainees.